Saturday, March 16, 2013

To my Dear Sister Eugenie on her Wedding Day



Today is your wedding day. Can you believe it's already come?! I have so many cherished memories of the 2 of us staying up late, sharing secrets, and dreaming about this very day. I'm sure your wedding is just perfect- after all the practice of planning our barbies and stuffed animals weddings, how could it not be?! Awww what fun we had together!

 Eugenie, you always have been and forever will be my best friend. I know that Heavenly Father sent you to me because I needed you in my life. You are so dear to my heart. What comfort it brings me to know that you have found the right man to marry at the right place, and at the right time. This eternal covenant marriage will bless you and your future family - which by the way you are NOT allowed to start until after I get home! But really Eugenie, I just wanted to take this time to tell you how much I love you.

You are a dreamer, that is the most beautiful quality you possess. You have the ability to see things not as they are, but as they can be. You see the good and the true deep potential in all things and in all people. This is something that I have always admired about you. You light up a room with your bright happy smile. You trust people and love them completely. I can't tell you how many times I have found comfort in your kindness. Never stop being you. Never lose you-the happy, bubbly, fun loving Eugenie that you are. Man Jerel sure is lucky to have you!

I always told people that whoever ended up marrying you would be a very lucky man. I know that you will bring so much happiness into Jerel's life, and he will bring you such great joy as well. I remember the night you first called me and told me about him- man that boy love you from the second he met you! You talked differently about Jerel and I knew that you truly loved him.


Now here we are just a little over a year later and you're marrying the man of your dreams. I truly wish I could be there with you right now to say all to you in person, but this little letter will have to do. I wish I could be there to stand beside you as you begin this new journey in your life. But know that I am always there for you- eternally.

I hope that this day has been all you've ever dreamed of and more. I look forward to the bright future that awaits you and Jerel. I am so grateful to have you as my big sister. What a legacy you have left and an example you have set- not only for me, but our whole family. May God bless you and fill you forever more with His love. On this day in particular know that your little sis over in Mesa, Arizona loves you and can't wait to celebrate your one year anniversary with you.
 
Love eternally,
Kelsey
 
ps- even though Jerel never asked me for permission to marry you, I still give my approval ;)