Friday, March 22, 2013

A Married Sister, the VC and Jenna's Baptism!!! Oh.My.Gosh.

Eugenies pictures look stunning and wow I'm just so overwhelmed with joy for all of you! :D

So, my week has been absolutely amazing. So much has happened so I'm going to try to give you a little day by day report:
Monday:
Jenna had her baptismal interview!! Oh my gosh. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I kept driving to the wrong building! Literally we had to go to 3 different buildings before I got it right! Ughhh. Ya so my since of direction has not improved haha! But it's all good. The district leader was understanding and Jenna passed her interview! :D

Tuesday: 
Sister Remington and I drove up to the mission office around 2pm and picked up Sister West from Louisville, Kentucky (I asked her if she knew Hermana Gomm, but she said no :/) and Sister Hubman from Nashville Tennessee (yay south east! and she's 19!) It was sooo fun going on splits with these new sisters! Sister Remington was brave and took sister Hubman with her and a pre-missionary sister from one of our wards. I was so proud of her! It was just a really fun day and the new sisters are just all so excited to work! It made me really happy :)
Wednesday:
First shift back at the VC!! Wow I did not realize how much I had missed that place! It was like coming home :) It was really fun training sister Remington on all of the stuff there and doing practices for Easter Pageant- which I am sooooo excited for!! It starts tomorrow night! But ya, it also made me really happy because sister Remington now says she loves the visitors center! Before she was really dreading having to serve there and was convinced she was just going to be sitting at a desk the whole time, but now she absolutely loves it! yayyyy! I am hoping that I stay in the visitors center throughout the summer months. It is already in the 90's out here! Please pray for me! haha

Sea of Chairs for the Temple Pageant
Thursday:
You don't really want to hear much from this day. It was our planning day, but we did get it all done in record time so that we could make it to the visitors center on time for our shift, so that's great! Every so often it would hit me and I would just think, "My sisters getting married tomorrow. That's weird!". It really was a blessing that Heavenly Father was keeping me really busy and blessing me with peace. I was just so happy! All week there really was just a special spirit :)
FRIDAY:
AH! Eugenie got married!! Well to start off this day Sister Remington and I went and picked up Hermana Shwartz (the sister from Johns creek ward) and her companion and drove to the mission home for the trainer/trainee meeting. Hermana Shwartz and I were counting down the hours until Eugenie got married and were thinking what she would be doing right now :) 
The meeting was absolutely amazing. I just love hearing President and Sister Ellsworth speak :) I love being a missionary! Oh I should also mention that I have been fighting a bad sinus infection for a little while- who would have thought I would get bad allergies/sinus cold in Mesa Arizona! But people are telling me it is probably from the Orange blossoms. So anyways the meeting ends and we went to the Visitors Center. 
We had our lunch break first so I dragged Sister Remington over to the temple and we got to walk around and enjoy the grounds. We were actually inside the temple at the time Eugenie got married :) I timed it to make sure! I was just so happy and there was just so much peace in my heart. There were so many brides that day! I just kept imagining Eugenie in her beautiful dress :) 
We ate lunch in the cafeteria and then decided to exit through the front. As we were leaving I turned around and noticed Sister Remington wasn't behind me anymore! I lost my greeny! But then I found her talking to this old man. It was her grandpa!! What a small world! He then went and grabbed her grandma and it was a sweet little reunion in the temple :) What a small world!! It was just a great day. Then to add even more to my joy, it was the night before Jenna's baptism so we were having a lesson with her in a members home. We invited a pre-missionary girl to come with us which ended up being an incredible experience! I highly approve of these younger sister missionaries. She bore her testimony of how reading the Book of Mormon has helped her to come to know her Savior. She shared a beautiful experience with us all and the spirit was so strong! Friday was a very good day :)
Saturday: So you know how I told you I had been fighting a cold for a little while. Well on Saturday- the day of Jennas baptism, I woke up with absolutely NO voice! Literally I could barely whisper! I was so sad! Sister Remington and I were supposed to speak and I couldn't even make a peep! Sister Christiansen- who has been taking such amazing care of me! - she is so loving and wonderful!- said that if we drove over to the church down the way I could get a blessing. So we went and it was amazing! Immediately I started feeling better and I was able to somewhat speak! The baptism was absolutely beautiful. I still couldn't sing or speak, but I was able to somewhat communicate. I am soooo happy for Jenna!! What an incredible experience it is to help someone on their way to conversion. It just fills you with so much love! After the baptism we had to leave to go to our shift at the visitors center and.... my voice was no more & I felt sick again. I know that Heavenly Father blessed me and helped me to feel good at the baptism and have a great experience. I was basically useless at the visitors center so I just did office work for the Beckstrands (vc directors).
Jenna with Sister Remington and me.
What an incredible experience it is to help someone on their way to conversion. It just fills you with so much love!
Sister Meyers.  We had Jenna's lessons in her home.

Sunday: OH MY GOSH JENNAS CONFIRMATION. what a strong spirit!! I couldn't help myself, I just started crying! But really I guess that is becoming more common so you all shouldn't be too surprised by that ;) Before Jenna was baptized she had an issue with the gift of the holy ghost vs. feeling the power of the Holy Ghost. On this day, Jenna looked over at me and told me she understands now :) It just warmed my heart and brought me sooo much joy! I just want everyone to feel this great work brings! The gospel changes lives! My voice was quite better on this day so I got to go out on the floor and actually talk to people! I was careful not to push it though with Easter pageant in just a few days!! But so I had a cool miracle... remember when I told you all about the time Sister Shurtz and I presented the armor of God to that family? Well, I was in the exhibit room yesterday when this lady and a bunch of kids came in. I recognized 2 of  the little boys and then I realized it was the boys that were there for the presentation! The woman then told me that the 2 boys and their mom were baptized just 5 weeks ago! How amazing! I truly know that because this gospel is true, it has the capacity and ability to change all peoples hearts. When Sister Shurtz and I had met these people their mom was pretty much not interested, but look! I was just sooo happy! I love being a missionary. I love seeing peoples lives change, and I love this gospel with all my heart. I am just so grateful for this experience I am having. I love all of the people I have been able to meet and I look forward to these next 12 months :D

I love you all soooo much!!! I just can't even tell you all how grateful I am to have you as my family! Love you!!
Love, 
Sister Kelsey Hamstead