Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Excitement of the Easter Season

Dear Family,

I love you all so much! I hope you have had a wonderful week! I have been insanely busy and have been having sooo much fun with all of the excitement of the Easter season. Easter pageant is absolutely AMAZING!!!! OH.MY.GOSH. I have literally watched it every single night that I have been there- even the Spanish night! haha! I am hoping that it will help me in my attempts to learn the language. I have learned a bit more since I have been paired once again with the Spanish Hermanas for the pageant. So fun! 


On the Easter Pageant Stage

So I want to tell you a story... The first night of Easter Pageant was the dress rehearsal. A lot of people go that night because it's not quite so busy, but still amazing! So we did our first 2 hours of rotations in the center and then we turn off the lights and close it all down. Then we get to go run out right before it starts and search for seats in the huge crowd. Well Sister Remington and I went out together the first night and we were looking high and low for seats. We were winding our way through the mass of people when we spotted 2 amazingly perfect (middle, middle) seats. YAY! So we ran and grabbed them. We noticed there was a man sitting behind us talking to a cast member and we happened to over hear him say, "I am so intrigued by this church". Instinctively Sister Remington and I look at each other with big smiles on our faces and turn around and introduce ourselves to this man. His name is Randall and he is in town on business. He told us how in the past few weeks that he has been here in Mesa he has felt drawn to the visitors center and he doesn't know why. We then explained to him the sacredness of the temple grounds and the spirit that is here. He was amazed at us being so young and the fact that we "got it" and he didn't. He asked why this was the case and Sister Remington told him it is because
With Elder Beckstrand. We love him!
of the way we have been raised. He was touched by that, but felt like there was something more to it. I then told him that because the priesthood authority had been restored we have been baptized by that authority and received the gift of the Holy Ghost- or something like that. He then asked us how he could do that. We told him that he needed to meet with the missionaries and that they could teach him more about this restoration and help prepare him for baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. He immediately gave us his name and number, and then proceeded to thank us like 10 times. Then the pageant started and we turned around to watch. I couldn't help myself, I just closed my eyes and started praying to Heavenly Father thanking Him for guiding us to Randall and having the opportunity to help him. I was just soo touched! 


There is such a special spirit this season! I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord and  to have the opportunity to share the message of our Savior Jesus Christ with all people. He lives! One of my favorite scriptures is in Moroni 7:40-42. I have so much faith and hope in the Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to know that His church is once again restored here on the earth in its fullness. What a blessing! 

I saw Sister Coppel this week! It was really coincidental because she came in looking for me at a time that I wasn't planning on being there, but Sister Remington and I had switched shifts with some other sisters so when she came in I actually greeted her! Small World! haha She shared such sweet things about you all, but especially about mommy and papa. Thank you for always teaching me how to love other people. You all always looked out for others and always sought to reach out to those who were in need. I am so grateful for your examples :)
With Sister Coppel

I hope Christopher had a great birthday this last week! Yay 18! Did you get my card?


You all are the best! Hope you can now relax a little bit now that all the wedding craziness has calmed down. I pray for you all every day and I hope you know how much you all mean to me! Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love, Sister Hamstead

ps- Michael is getting baptized in 2 weeks!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's almost here! He should have been baptized 2 months ago, but he was dead set on being baptized on his birthday... I am sad though because sister Wong has already gone back to Temple Square, so she won't be there :/pps- send me more wedding pictures por favor!