Monday, September 23, 2013

Why me? What can I bring to the table? (Sept 2)

Dear Hamstead's,


I love you all sooo much! Wow it was SUPER hard to leave my last area!!! Some super sweet members gave me little gifts and baked me treats. I just felt soo loved! One of the greatest things about serving people is that you really do come to love them. 

HOLY COW!!!! You guys are working hard!!!! What a project! Thank you for sending me pictures. Keep them coming! It makes me kinda feel like I'm a part of it without actually having to do any of the hard work :) haha! You guys are great. Mommy thank you sooo much for your package! I just got it on Wednesday. I loved the parable that you wrote. I totally have a testimony of trusting the Lord and His timing. So thank you for sharing that with me :) Also thank you Eugenie for the letter! I felt like it was basically a twin letter of the one I had sent you! We are in tune with each other. So thank you for writing me and for sharing your words of wisdom. I hope my letter gave you some peace too and let you know that I am a-ok! You guys are the best! I feel so blessed to have family as wonderful as all of you!



So the last few days of the transfer were just soooo sad!! We had our last lessons with Jeff, James, and some other awesome people that I just LOVE! Sister Pickett and I had sooo much fun together over the last few months and we would go running together every morning. On the last morning we decided to run down to the temple and back and it was just so great :) But with every transfer there comes A LOT of changes. I LOVE sister Gordon! She reminds me sooo much of Sammy!! We just have soo much fun together and laugh and ya it's just good. Yes a sister training leader is kind of like a zone leader for sisters. Sister Gordon and I will be over 9 companionship's. I just want to do a good job and really help these sisters. It's just kinda weird when you get put into a leadership position it's like you get more of a sense of all the behind the scenes stuff- and not all of it is pleasant. Sister Gordon was making me aware of some of the things we will have to deal with to help the sisters and it just made me really sad. So I wondered what can I possibly do to help these sisters? Why me? What can I bring to the table? So I was pondering these things and then I turned to the scriptures and read in 1 Corinthians 8:parts of 1, 2, & 3. Now this might not make sense to all of you, but I'll do my best to explain what I learned. "...
Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think he knoweth a thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. But if a man love God, the same is known of Him. 
CHARITY. It always comes back to that! I don't know all the answers and I know that I am unqualified to train and teach these sisters, but what I CAN do is love them, but even more importantly I can love God. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I have met a lot of people and have had a few companions and there is something different about a person when they really love God. Prayers mean so much more and they know and understand who they are. I want to help these sisters remember who they are. A lot of them have struggles and have to deal with hard things so all that I can do is love them. 

My ward is great!! I love them already! It is much smaller than Gable and only covers one stake. I know that we are going to find prepared people this transfer though! We are going to see miracles and I am just soo excited for that! Today is Sister Gordon's b-day! We are going to get our nails done and go to the Jenkins to bake cookies and then we are having some sisters over for cake/hangout and then off to the area at 6 :)

I CAN"T BELIEVE JOSH RECORDED MY TALK!!!! haha Just so you know that was completely on the fly! I had another talk prepared, but the person speaking on repentance spoke for 30 minutes so I decided to scrap my talk. Man you guys are spoiled! haha Keep up the good work on the house! It is looking awesome!

Love you all sooo much!!
Love, Sister Hamstead
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox