Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So story, and there is a moral... so listen up. (May 27)



So I don't have too much time this week, but I just want to tell you a lesson I have learned this week- and of course a few stories to go along with it! :D

So where to start... oh something cool!! So when one of the sisters was leaving last transfer she was throwing out some scripture mastery cd's. So I grabbed them and thought "what the heck, better late than never!" haha so Sister Avila and I listen to them nonstop and guess what?! We have almost finished memorizing all of the Book of Mormon scripture masteries!!! Then we are on to the New Testament. I feel so dumb for not having memorized them in seminary. So, word of advice go and buy the scripture mastery cd's (they have to be put to song!). But of course I still had 2 Nephi 2:27 memorized from the time that Eugenie and I memorized it together! hahaha! But I have noticed that as I have learned these scriptures that I am thinking about them so much more! Scriptures actually come to my mind!! It is sooo cool! But one of the scriptures Sister Avila and I memorized first was Moroni7:45. I will now type from memory, "And charity suffereth long and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil. And rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth. Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things". (Pause for applause)  Thank you, thank you. Anyways, so I never realized how much there is in charity!! And then I realized I have a lot of work to do. Holy cow am I easliy provoked and sometimes I do envy and get puffed up- and these qualities are NOT charitable. Sister Avila and I have decided to break it down and to focus on the aspects of charity that we need to individually work on. I want to invite you guys to do the same. Especially as our family is going through a lot of changes right now I know that as we work on having charity that we will be filled with the love of Christ. What better thing could we ask for?? :)

So story, and there is a moral to this story so listen up.
This month was titled by President Ellsworth as miracle May. Well we have been working as hard as we could to find these miracles and we were doing everything in our power to try to facilitate these miracles. Well, I am not going to say that we didn't have any miracles or see anything life changing- because we did, but still I wanted more! I know, I know never satisfied haha. Anyways, well on Saturday we went by this referral from the Bishop. We were hoping to meet and teach them, but when we got there it wasn't a good time and they closed the door before we could get a return appointment- ughhhh. So anyways, onto Sunday. We were kinda bummed because once again we weren't going to have any investigators at church- oh and also there is another factor to this story. Whenever we get a week of finding 6 or more investigators, our zone leaders buy us jamba juice. Well since sister Avilas time in the mission is coming very rapidly to  an end we made it a goal to get free jamba for the last 2 weeks she is here aka find at least 6 new investigators each week. We had already found 4 this week and now it was Sunday. We needed to get 2 more investigators by the end of the night.---- So anyways, the morning was crazy with soo many meetings and correlations and when we finally got to the ward we were onto the last speaker. Ok I am almost out of time. So guess who walks into sacrament meeting? The couple that we had tried to contact just the day before!! They came to church!! Moral of the story we need to trust God. We are now teaching them and they are super awesome! Other moral to the story, God needs to be able to trust us. He needs to know that He can rely on us to do His work. So in the end what you really need is trust. In the words of the Beatles, "All you need is trust"- ok so they didn't say it like that, but hey it works! haha

Love you all and I hope you have a great week! You are all in my prayers especially with the move!! 

Love eternally,
Sister Hamstead