Monday, March 24, 2014

Make every day a worthwhile experience and live for the adventure of life!

Dearest family,
Mulan's Baptism

Words cannot describe how I feel. I feel so incredibly blessed. This last week Sister Younce and I have continued to work and we have seen miracles! I will have to tell you about all of them when I see you-TOMORROW!. Crazy! But the highlights were definitely the baptisms. Jasmine and Mulan were baptized this Saturdayy :) it touched my heart to look over at Mulans mom and grandmother as she was going into the water. Both of them had tears in their eyes and the spirit was just so strong! They had both just recently started coming back to church and
they never in a million years thought they would have 3 generations in the church. It was a day for the books!! I talked with Rachel (mom) afterwards and she could barely speak she was so overcome with joy and just about every other emotion. I will never forget these special and sacred moments. I love all these people so much! I wasn't able to go to jasmines baptism cus it was at exactly the same time as Mulans!! Darn! But she came in the next day and told me the miracle that happened! So the sisters (sister Taumarawa and Finau) had walked
around the church building looking for something when they saw this guy outside. He was looking in and when they opened the door he
Jasmine - Day after her Baptism
asked 
them if church was going on. They told him no, but invited them to come in for the baptism. He said he had come that day looking for answers. He recently had been going through a lot of trials including the death of one of his children. When he watched the baptism he felt the spirit so strongly that he went to the elders and told them that he wanted to be baptized. Miracles. 

Preparing for Easter Pageant with Sis. Younce
So I just finished my exit interview with President Jenkins. Wow this is really happening!! Of course I like bawled through the whole thing just thinking about the lessons I have learned and the people I have loved. My understanding of the atonement has grown and developed. I feel closer to my Savior then I ever have before. I asked president what advice he has for me- going from this amazing experience a  real true adventure, back to normal life. His response made me smile. He told me not to make it normal! Make everyday a worthwhile experience and live for the adventure of life! I know that there is still so much good to come in my life and I am eternally grateful for this experience and the tools it has blessed me with to face the future with faith. I have hope and confidence in the plan that Heavenly Father has for all of us- and specifically for what he has planned for me. On Sunday I had an opportunity to give a talk in the Leonora ward. They announced that this was my last Sunday. My cover was blown! Then of course right before I speak somebody gets up and plays a beautiful rendition of "we'll bring the world his truth". That was painful! It was so beautiful I couldn't help but cry! Hen in the next ward Sister Younce and I were asked to share our testimonies. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to have the special experience of sharing my thoughts and feelings on my last Sunday. I love this gospel with all my heart. It is pure and it is true. Living it has made me a better and happier person. I know it is true with all of my heart. I am eternally grateful for the time I had to do something for my Savior, to do his work and represent him. What an honor and privilege. I testify that all people can have hope through the atonement of Christ. That all of us May one day return to our Heavenly Fathers presence because of this great gift which he has given us. I know he lives. I love you family and I can't wait to see you tomorrow!



Love forever,
Sister Hamstead
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo