Monday, September 17, 2012

My Dearest Family...

I love you all sooo much!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind and inspiring letters!  I love that I get to be out here representing all of you.  I'm starting to get the hang of being called Sister Hamstead - it makes me feel like you guys are all here with me!  I'm sorry I haven't had time to write back individual letters yet - they weren't kidding when they said the MTC keeps you busy!   But I promise you Abby, Christopher, Eugenie, David, and Papa I will respond!  Mommy, thank you so much for your DearElder and package/letter!!!  I loved them. : )  Thank you for the picture!!  Soooo exciting for Gabriella!! Oh, and Papa,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I will tell you Happy B-Day in my email tomorrow as well, but I just wanted to let you know I celebrated your B-Day here at the MTC - it was wonderful!  We watched "Music and the Spoken Word", had a great RS lesson, super spiritual sacrament meeting, choir practice (Yes, I joined the choir - I love it!), an amazing fireside by...can't remember his name - but it was good!  Oh!  Also, we as a District got to walk up to the temple and take pics and then after the fireside we had "movie night" and we watched Elder Hollands talk "Missions are Forever".  I LOVED IT!  One quote I loved was, "Go out there and make this part of your soul.  Put yourself with Isaiah, Alma, Amulek, Paul, Peter, and all the others ordained of God."  It is such an amazing honor to be a missionary of the Lord.  I see why people are sad when they get released from being a missionary.  It seriously feels so incredible knowing you are doing something so amazingly life changing for the Lord.  This is His work and I love being a part of it.  I want to wake up every day happy to be here and go to bed grateful for the day.  I love you family so much!  I know this work is going to be hard - it was hard for the Lord, why would it not be hard for me?  Well, I will write you all more tomorrow!  YAY P-Day!